Faculty History and Objectives:
Faculty of Arts and Design began its career as a department of Fine Arts and includes two specialization, graphic design and interior design in the academic year 1992/1993 as one of the departments of the Faculty of Science, and later the Faculty of Arts before becoming the first Faculty of Art and Design in Jordan under according to the decision of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, No. 285 Date 22 / 08/ 2007.
The main motivation for the emergence of the Faculty is to provide specialized technical environment in the design which will provide students in the university community and the general public Jordanian community with new level of awareness of the concept of art and design, and it has a significant role in creating a culture in a new design. The Faculty Graduates has a significant role in the spread of this culture through their presence in different locations within a design industry market in Jordan and abroad to represent the faculty best representation.
- The Faculty seeks to remain fulcrum in design education in Jordan to create new levels of awareness in the art and design disciplines within the graphic design and interior design and the design for the digital media and fashion design in the future. So the awareness will be among academics, students and the community.
- The Faculty seeks to teach those generations who are able to play the role of the nucleus distinct ideology and practice of graphic and interior design. And serve as a knowledge organization and information inspiring for its academic staff and students. Through the development of tools and methods of design and education, this will reflect on the performance of teachers and students and the quality of their thinking and their production.
- Highlight the importance of arts and design through programs offered by the faculty, which gives students the efficiency and the ability to create and innovate and to develop optimal solutions for their designs when they reach the design industry market.
- Organize activities, meetings and annual art exhibitions, which aims to supplement the teachers and students with the knowledge and information and the promotion of new students and their creations to bring more of the faculty excellence in teaching.
- Consolidating and integrating bonds of partnership between the faculty and government institutions and non- governmental organizations in Jordan to serve the local community and humanitarian service.
- Develop its relations with specialized global design organizations, for the advancement of education and encouraging and supporting excellence in education and research design.
- Consolidating its relationship with its alumni and to cooperate with them and take advantage of their professional expertise.